MADE IN CANADA
Strat pickups, handwound to your specifications.
We DON'T recommend using this form yourself if you don't have a good understanding of how pickups are made. Contact us using the Product Support form for assistance designing a pickup to suit your preferences. We will include the options used on your invoice so you can re-purchase the same pickups in future.
- All of our pickups include the following:
- Twisted pair of cloth covered 22AWG stranded wire
- White for Hot
- Black for Ground
- Black cloth tape wrapped around the finished coil
Options (common selections listed here for your reference):
- Your choice of magnet type, polarity, and pole spacing
- A2 or A5 are most common
- Bridge "South Up", 52mm spacing
- Middle "North Up" (for RWRP), 50mm spacing
- Neck "South Up", 50mm spacing
- Your choice of wire type & winding direction
- 42AWG Poly is most common
- Choice of wire type primarily impacts tone because of the small difference in thickness of the insulation. Formvar is much heavier, requiring more winds to achieve a similar tone to Poly or Enamel.
- Thinner (higher gauge) wire tends to have more resistance, sacrificing high end response. But, you can fit more wire on the coil, allowing for potentially greater output.
- Bridge & Neck "Clockwise"
- Middle "Counterclockwise" (for RWRP)
- Your choice of winding pattern & total winds (+-0.5%)
- 8000 winds is a good starting point. If you choose a number of winds that won't fit on the bobbin, we will contact you to confirm.
- Pole spacing has an impact here. A 52mm pickup with 8000 winds will have slightly more output and reduced highs compared to a 50mm pickup with the same number of winds.
- To oversimplify, 8000 winds with 50mm spacing would turn out similar to 7650 winds with 52mm spacing.
- Your choice of potting style
- Fully Potted - Saturate/permeate the entire pickup with wax. We recommended choosing this option.
- Partially Potted - Reduced potting time, ensuring the outermost layers are potted, but it won't necessarily permeate the entire coil.
- Not Potted - This makes your pickup microphonic. It can introduce tonal complexity that wouldn't otherwise be possible with it potted, but it comes at the heavy cost of increased noise and feedback potential.
- Your choice of cover
The pickup will be completely unbranded and unmarked, so you can brand it yourself.
*Built-to-order products rely on in-stock inventory. If we are out of stock and cannot complete your product in the allotted time, we will contact you to discuss options.
**PLEASE CHOOSE CAREFULLY! As soon as you pay for your order, it cannot be modified or cancelled.
60-Day, Hassle-Free, 100% Money Back Guarantee!
We're so convinced you'll love our pickups, that you can try these pickups with no risk for 60 days. You read that right, 60 DAYS! If you decide you don't like them, send them back for a full refund. No questions asked! Though we always do appreciate the feedback, if you choose to provide some.
*If you order without direct sales/consultation regarding the options chosen, there are absolutely NO RETURNS (with the exception being if you received something defective or out of spec from what you ordered).