Lead-free solder is better for your health and for the environment.
This is a thinner gauge solder than what you'll find at most department stores. This is often preferred by techs working on pedals, guitars, and other small electronic parts who need to keep the products RoHs compliant.
4901 - Sn99 No Clean Solder Wire
The 4901 Sn99 No Clean Solder Wire is an electronic grade solder wire. It uses a high-purity, eutectic Sn99.3/Cu0.7 alloy, which is complemented with a no clean, synthetically refined, splatter-proof resin flux core. The 4901 solder meets J-STD-004B, ASTM B 32, and exceeds J-STD-006C specifications.
This solder is a great lead-free alternative to leaded solders. It is suitable, less costly replacement for SAC305.
The 4901 solders achieve a consistent solder and flux percentage through a state-of-the-art, extrusion, wire-drawing machine. This machine continually monitors the wire to prevent voids and ensure consistency, providing a top-grade solder wire.
Features and Benefits
- Eutectic alloy (liquidus = solidus temperature)
- Alloy exceeds J-STD-006C and meets ASTM B 32 purity requirements
- Flux meets J-STD-004B
- The resin spreads like rosin-activated flux
- Virtually non-splattering
- Halide free
- Suitable for Use in Food Facilities as a Non-Food Chemical—Canadian and NFS recognition letters available on request